What’s the most important question facing the world in 2019?
Do you ever think to yourself, after an unavoidable encounter in the airport with a television that’s blasting cable news, “Why don’t they ever talk about [fill in the blank]?”
The news can be confusing, overwhelming, and worst of all, incomplete.
That’s where we come in.
The Vox video team is launching a new show with YouTube Originals, and it’s unlike anything we’ve done before. Instead of coming up with a bunch of story ideas ourselves, we want your questions to drive our reporting.
Tell us: What’s the most important question facing the world in 2019? It can be about anything — science, money, health, relationships, tech, government, and beyond.
Your video could be featured in our upcoming series, and we’ll choose 12 of the best question-askers to join us on camera as we report the answers.
Do you have a great question for us to explore? Here’s what to do next.
Upload a video by Monday, November 5, telling us:
- Your name
- Where you live
- Your question
- A personal story about what got you interested in the topic: Did something happen to you or to someone you know? Did you see something in the news and think, “Huh?”
Want to increase the likelihood we pick your question?
- Make sure you’re in the center of the frame, and if you’re on your phone, flip it horizontally!
- Try to keep windows and bright lights out of the background, and background noise to a minimum.
- Use an external microphone — earbuds with a built-in mic work great!
- Keep the video under 5 minutes.
Author: Vox Staff